Saturday, February 13, 2010

A note on happiness

After a brief haitus from blogging (aka: school is eating up my life this semester!!) I came back and checked on my old post and I saw a comment from Michelle over at Desultory Diversions and she gave me a blog award - the Happy award! And that just made me crazily happy! I'm still getting my barings to this blogging thing.. and I want to be serious about it, and to just know that I can make someone smile completely validated my efforts :) So a huge thank you to Michelle!

Something else that made me happy is that my parents gave me the go ahead to live off campus next year! Well... they gave me a "If you really want to, but we're not thrilled." And I did have a good hard think on it. It is what I want to do... and as much as I want my parent's blessing and them to be as happy as I am, I'm starting to realize that I can't worry about that as much as I do. This is just the first of many decisions that they won't be pleased with... like when I move to a big city - which is what I've always said I was going to do..

But I can't worry about that now. Now I'm focused on being excited about finding a bed and a dresser and a desk... So much opportunity for shopping and planning... and God knows, I love shopping and planning! :)

Also. This is just in the realm of possability for the summer. But the thought of it makes me smile uncontrollably. I might be taking a road trip to Orlando!!!

1 comment:

  1. you're so welcome :) enjoy the shopping and road tripping to FL. sounds like tons of fun (even with the small parental setback)

    ReplyDelete