Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm all about beds lately.

I think it's because if(*when*hopefully!) I move off campus next year, my main purchase will be a bed... and the last time I picked one out I was 3... so I really didn't have any kind of refined taste or preference other than - a bed. x__X

I'm also all about summer lately. This winter.. it's cold, but we haven't really had any substantial snow yet... Spring Fever has already hit, and with a vengence this year - I'm ready for some summer loving.

Anyway - that in mind - I'm giving beds lots of attention lately. And I was just looking at Apartmenttherapy.com and I came across this wonderful highlight of outdoor beds. And I've never really thought about them before... but they combine both of the things that I'm all aobut lately! And the more I think about them, the more I really want them and think that they can be so simple, yet really beautiful and special.


There are just my two favorite ones. I guess in a weird way they remind me of glamourized camping. This first one is so quaint. It's just inviting. And it's sheltered so there's still that element of being home rather than being out in the wild or camping.. but on a beautiful summer night it just seems like it would feel like a dream to sleep here.



This one is just beautiful. And it's simple. Fabric hung over wire, with bedding underneath it. It's the easiest tent ever! But the ambiance of this location... I can just imagine wanting to sleep here every night!
I would love something special like this. I may be blowing things way out of proportion(I tend to do that sometimes..), but it seems like such an indulgance, but it really isn't. It's a bed.. the same as the crappy piece of dorm furnature that's 2 feet away from me.. only better. And outside. And in the peaceful warmth of summer.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have an outdoor bed like that. Someday... Nice post! Good luck with moving out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure i could handle sleeping outdoors at night, but those both look like great places to read a book in the afternoon :)

    ps - there's a little blog award for you over at my page (http://bit.ly/92s8rt)

    ReplyDelete