Thursday, January 7, 2010

Iron beds.




















I had a very crazy kind of day... I first revolted, then came to terms... then revolteld... and revolted some more.. and then finally have come to terms with the fact that I might need to just get a monitor to hook my laptop up to this semester. (Turns out the screen on my laptop needs to be replaced, but it still works perfectly when hooked up to a new monitor)


But I went on a jog today.. and it was slightly warmer than my jog the other day.. less windy for sure - but it made me want the summer! I usually don't get sick of winter until March-ish... but I just want it be tanning, swimming, everyone walking outside, sit by the river weather. So I searched for summery decor pictures, and I found some lovely ones.. but I saw a picture of an iron bed and I wanted more. :) I've been thinking about them lately.. they are beautiful, aren't they? They can be casual or vintage or modern.. or all 3 at once!

My favorite are the one with the thin, tall, vertical posts on either end(like the one with the bunny and the last two.. that are in the middle of a grass field.. haha)... there's something simple about them that makes me want to make them beautiful and comfortable. I think I've decided that my color is the off white/iron showing antique look(again, the one with the bunny).. it has so much character. The sleek black looks pretty cool too(the one with the red patterened comforter)


Definitely on my list of things to keep an eye out for at flea markets and thrift stores! Joining old suitcases, birdcages, and perfume bottles... oh - I saw some beautiful pictures of bird cages... but that's another post for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Ok...I know this is a totally different concept, but I saw this done in my hometown and totally fell in love-
    http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1133179859038417331yakgFW
    (I found this pic online..but same idea)

    I <3 Iron Beds...so classic!

    ReplyDelete